Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's not about the Bride...

What day's today? Oh yes, a work day. Boooo...

I don't even know where to begin with this past weekend. It was one of my gal pal's Bachelorette Weekend in Santa Barbara. OMG FUN!! We did some wine tasting, fine dining, and lots of bar hopping.

We drove up after work on Friday, and immediately hit the bars on State Street. It's an understatement that 7 girls are magnets for Boys Boys Boys!! Only 2 of us were single, so the odds were very good.

Somehow, I was the alcohol expert. I've only really started drinking a year ago, with the discovery of Pepcid. (For you Asians, if taken an hour ahead of drinking, that horrendous Baboon Red Face you get? Non-existent! They should really market that pill toward young, alcohol-consuming Asians.)

Anyhoo, I get the gals started with shots then recommended follow up drinks. I stuck with my usual, Vodka Collins.

Can I just tell you I realize more and more that I'm living my twenties. No, not RE-living. Living! While all my friends were partying it up in their 20's, I was busy dealing with family drama and figuring out my life. Well, a decade later, career-minded, house-owning, and savings-account-carrying, I'm having so much ridiculous fun! It is soooooo nice...

In true form, I'm hot commodity for the 20-something boys the entire weekend. I can't even remember how many I flirted with, avoided, danced with, maneuvered away from, made out with. WAIT! The last one, just ONE! The Young Little Brit had no chance, but he was cute, muscular, and fun.

YLB: *in lovely British accent* "Are you goin' to take me home?"
Me: "Uhhhh, what? I'm not that kind of girl."

What television programming do they have over there? Maybe Love Actually got him confused? He tried, to no success, to get me to stay when all my friends were leaving. Silly silly boy.

Santa Barbara Weekend topped the best of any Vegas Weekends I've had. Only exception, too many paparazzi (a.k.a. my friends who were camera happy.) Good thing it's my camera and I get to control what eeks out. The delete button is my friend...

13 comments:

Len said...

That's nice to know that you can actually have fun in your 30ies. Because I don't know anybody who does. So woohoo! ;)

Oh, and what's wrong with asking you to take him home? (I never actually took a random guy home. But I've snogged around and I know they expect it)

Scotty said...

Santa Barbara... State Street... good time. Have you ever been during Fiestas? Now that there is ridiculous.

Behind The Curve said...

len: No, not just fun. Ridiculous fun! :) There's nothing "wrong" with asking, it just wasn't going to happen. Note: He asked more than once. Maybe that's what was wrong. ;)

scotty: I have not. I'll have to check it out. When is it?

Scotty said...

Next year it'll be from July 30 to August 3 :)

Len said...

Note: He asked more than once.

Ok. That's wrong.

Anonymous said...

Man, you guys sound fun!

teahouse said...

Hey, I never knew about the Pepsid!! I'm totally trying that next time I drink...

Behind The Curve said...

scotty: I'll see you there! Meet me at the corner of State & Ortega? ;)

len: See?

lbb: I'd like to think so.

thb: FYI, I take 20 or 30mg. If it works well for you, Costco sells generic Famotidine in bulk. :)

Virginia Belle said...

OMG that sounds like a fantastic weekend!!! cool. now i am really excited about getting older. who knew we get to start pulling demi moores??? WOO-HOO, sign me up for the Cougar Club!!!

Scotty said...

What day and time? ;)

teahouse said...

Heh, younger dudes are fun.

Anonymous said...

So much fun!! I love bar-hopping on State Street :) Did you wine taste in Solvang?

Thanks for the Pepcid advice! Unfortunately, the small percentage of my Asian gene comes out when I drink, and I get the red baboon face you're talking about :P Pepcid is my new friend :D

Anonymous said...

P.S. I want to come to fiesta too! I missed it this year!