Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Swampland

My counterpart at work has been on a 3-week vacation. Murphy's Law in full effect, things that have been functional for eons are breaking; therefore, I've been drowning in work. Bah! I can't wait for him to be back and to be on my 3-week vacation. Payback is a bitch, right?

Aside from that, I've been a drumming machine. In true over-achiever form, I've been practicing and surprising my doumbek teacher during class. To add to the fun, I got Artsy Gal to take it up. So now we get to bang-a-drum together. Fun stuff!

Plans for my Mediterranean Cruise and post-cruise vacation are solidifying. I'm now going to Madrid, Spain *gulp* all. by. myself. after the cruise. Having taken 3 years of High School Spanish, I'm told I'll be fine. Travel Gay says, heck, they'll be happy I speak English (versus busting out with some East Asian language.)

Flight from Venice to Madrid: Booked
Hotel in Madrid: Booked

Woohoo!! Only 50 more days...

6 comments:

Len said...

I think you should know the Spanish do. not. speak. English. at. all. So be prepared. 3 years of high school Spanish should be enough to get you through though - they'll love you for trying to speak their language ;)

teahouse said...

Yayy, sounds like fun!!

I was just in Venice, and it was awesome.

Behind The Curve said...

len:

Great... How 'bout this?

"¿Habla ingles? ¿No? Dios mio... Hablo muy poco espaƱol. Ayuda me por favor. Tengo hambre y necesito hombres calientes. Gracias!"

thb:

Is it cheesy that all I want to do there is eat gelato and ride on the gondola? Hope the experience is up to par with the Venetian Hotel in Vegas. ;)

Len said...

Hahaha... Tengo hambre y necesito hombres calientes.... awesome. I'm sure they will LOVE you. ;)

Is it cheesy that all I want to do there is eat gelato and ride on the gondola?

No. To be honest, there's not much more to do in Venice.

Lisa said...

Oh! Where are you staying in Madrid??????? I studied there in college. I might be able to give you some great touristy tips :-) The young people tend to speak pretty good English... but the older folk will totally snub you if you don't know any spanish. Any time I met someone my age, they wanted to test their english on me, so you should be ok!

Virginia Belle said...

every time i come over here, you're doing something cool!

can't wait to see how the Spain trip goes.

i'd volunteer to go with you, if it weren't for...

1. i'm broke.
2. i don't really know you. that might make it awkward.

otherwise, i'd totally be there!

and all i wanted to do in Italy was eat gelato, too. :) well, that and shop at all their fantastic stores.